The secret to banishing stubborn grate grease? A roll of aluminum foil. Here's how to clean your grill fast.
1. Lay a sheet of heavy-duty foil on the grates of your gas or charcoal grill.
2. Layer bricks, a cast-iron skillet, or heat-safe heavy pan on top of the foil doesn't float up with the hot air.
3. Heat the grill with the lid closed for five minutes.
4. While wearing heat-safe gloves, remove the foil with tongs and crumple it into a wad. Grasp the foil in the tongs and use it to scrub both sides of the grates.
5. Repeat with new wads of foil until the grates are clean.
As for the outside? Once the grill has cooled, dampen a sponge with unsweetened club soda, which will buf away water spots and fingerprints.
Ever wonder how many
steaks are in a steer?
Burgers in a beef?
Hangers in a heifer?
Bet you are now!
Below is a printable PDF showing the typical yield we get from an Honest Beef Angus steer, and includes a handy legend for best preparation method.